Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yesterday I was Floating on a Big Fat Cloud

Yesterday was my birthday and when I think about it today I feel like I was floating on a big fat cloud. It was like being in a movie - you know when they they have a party scene only they show freeze frames of the event?  Click, click, click  - you see these happy things happening one shot at a time.  That is how my brain is trying to process what happened to me.  I got led out to a balcony on the third floor of the City County building (think Evita) to look down on a crowd (big, like a movie, like who are those people??)  Then I realize that I know all these peeps and they are singing to moi - and there are flowers and balloons and rose petals and birds singing and pieces of confetti and bands playing and fireworks and....okay I made up a lot of that stuff but I'm just saying that's how it FELT to have that kind of thing happen.  Inside my head and my body I was feeling chemo wibbly and fuzzy and even now I'm wondering how much of this I might have made up (HEE) but realizing that it was a really terrific and amazing day.  And that doesn't even count all the individual greetings from the darlings that surround me.

Whoooowee...fantastic over and over and over.

P.S.  But I gotta admit, I kinda wished that it was my "end of treatment" party but it's not.  It's my launch into Phase 2 of chemo - four down four to go.  What a send off.

No comments:

Post a Comment