Monday, April 11, 2011

Too blessed to be Stressed

This morning on Good Morning America, Robin (yeah, we're on first name basis - I mean I hadn't watched TV for 18 months and now I watch it every day so we're like tight me and R.!!) said when she was in the Bahamas she saw a bumper sticker that said "Too blessed to be stressed."  Have been thinking about "stress" and the waste of energy that can be.  I mean when you get in a place like I am you really gotta start thinking about when and where you are going to use your limited resources of energy.  The one big stress that I have experienced during this adventure is when my dearest Maggie Lou told me that she had a mass and was going to have some serious surgery (really, do we really have to do EVERYTHING together...sheesh).  That was a lesson in understanding how others that love me felt when they got my news.  That was a biggie, that and the ridiculous flip out I had when I thought I had lost my contact.  Fortunately that was short lived (Annie as my witness as she was on the phone).  How silly to waste my precious life tickets on a contact...even if I am freakin blind and would need to get a new prescription and multiple visits to the eye doc...and blah, blah , blah.  The funny thing is the night before I remember trying to be sooooo careful when I put my contacts in the case.  The contact wasn't lost - I just put two lenses in one side of the case.  Oh boy - I'm a little off kilter.  Seriously, stress is a self imposed handcuff.  It's like turning on a vacuum and hooking it up to your energy port.  Ridiculous when you think about it.  Choose not to stress - that's my new mantra.  This weekend, while trying to come off the chemo drugs, I got shakey (blood sugar dropping from dying blood cells) and it made me feel nervous, jittery and YES physical stress.  Decided to let it go...just like that .  Deep breathe and let it go and face it for what it is (drug reaction, not my choice.)  So, when my tooth fell out I decided to just let it be...do need some glue tho.  Good thing my dentist is a number one pal and friend and will no doubt bring some cement to his house and meet me there and fix it up (like he did just before chemo - same tooth, same problem.)  And, of course, the sequel to the stress issue is that the blessings FAR out way the need or drive or desire to take on any stress.  In addition to the many, many blessings from last week alone I've been graced with lunch visits from some darling ladies and gents (you know who you are) that took me to the moon and back on a single day. Hence the title of this rambling...too blessed to be stressed and ain't that the real deal truth.
Love and peace,
Mary

1 comment:

  1. "Do need some glue tho" made me laugh until I cried just now.

    I needed this post. I know you aren't always feeling on top or bigger than this awful thing you have to endure, but I love your perspective and that you are sharing it. You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete