Friday, April 8, 2011

And I Know You're Reading This Camie!

Today is a big, big day (think Grand Canyon big)...Camie turns 27 years old.  I wanted her to be born on my birthday - mostly because she was overdue and I was sick to death of being huge pregnant.  She insisted on her own day just out of sight of mine.  For 27 years she has graced my life with her wit, wisdom and charm.  From day one she has been a word devour-er.  A letter eating monster - ravenous for the offerings of a page.  She would sneak books to the dinner table to not lose any ground reading...and always had a book with her on any occasion just in case she ran out of print.  Spare books were tucked into the crannies of the van - her 72 hour emergency kit to ward against the loss of alphabet goodies.  She wore out a set of Anne of Green Gables books.  She lapped up words like slurps of delicious soup and topped them off with a big whipped cream splat of more...always...Now she is an author "C.A. Schaefer" - better known to us in the inner circle of her life as "Canoe Schaefer" (thank you spell check.)  I was 27 years old when she was born.  She seems a whole lot smarter today than I was then - and not just because she is past the midpoint on receiving her Phd.  She is the peanut butter to my jelly - she is the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae of life...she is life in technicolor fanatastic goodness.  Thanks Camielitta bobbitta...love you gobs and gobs.  You make my heart sing.

1 comment:

  1. Love you too, Mamacita. Funny to think I was your age when you were dealing with a cranky-late baby me! I think I'm more punctual now. . . although it took 27 years to get there.

    ReplyDelete