Monday, July 11, 2011

Working My Way to a New Normal...

This morning I sat on our back porch with the poochies while eating my breakfast toast.  I stayed over an extra night at home - and am so anxious to be able to move home during the week (but still too tired to do the commute.)  The weekend was tough - not as bad as the worst, but not as good as the best.  My Mom always hopes that the side effects will miraculously end sooner and I lecture about how they never have - but secretly I wish for the same.  In other words, the weekend was what I could expect from experience.  AND this week, as per my experience so far should be better than last.  But all in all, I continue to be surprised at the toll this adventure has had on my over all being.  Good thing I know how to work hard and get strong again - I'm dogged that way.  Been there, done that.  Being in good shape got me this far down the road and I can do it again.  Back to the toast and the canine cuties this am.  I like looking at the flowers that have wandered all over my yard.  I put them one place, but they find their way to another place where they feel most comfortable.  When Giselle lived across the street from me her Lamb's ear waltzed over to my yard all by their lonesome.  It's a great inside joke of Mother Nature.  So, now's my turn.  I'll wander around till I find my place that I belong now.  May need a season to get acclimatized and roots settled but I plan to get there.  Yep, I'm working my way to a new normal.   That'll do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment