Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In Love AGAIN...

Monday night I had the good fortune of an overnight visit from my cousin Angela (who holds a large berth in my heart) who was in town visiting from her home in Iowa.  Angela (the beautiful, witty, smart brain - and smart mouthed) is four months pregnant - and me with having just delivered on chemo had the same bodily complaints.  It was like we were twin cousins of different mothers. We had a lot of years of catching up but were able to compress it in to our visit in between nursing our stomachs, heads and fatigued natures.  Despite our 18 year age difference we are one in spirit and examining our lives.  Marv.  Her whole little clan joined me for lunch at my office (husband Jay, kidlets - Ben, Avery, and Daniel.)  The three little red heads captured my heart and I fell in love - I mean fell hard.  Ben - who taught me a new "looking good" routine; Avery with her "Ramona" haircut; and Daniel who readily agreed that he is, indeed "cute"(not awesome he noted, but CUTE.)When I asked Daniel if he would stay and be my little boy I believe he seriously considered the deal.  If only I was that lucky.  Angela reported that as I walked away from their car that Daniel yelled,"I love you Mary", and then burst in to song,"your butt is wide and mine is too..."

Ahhhh...love is in the air.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, that's my sister! She thinks I frequently do major awesome good deeds for people - but the opportunities only arose when she was in the back seat of my car, for some reason. (with my three little ones)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, shame on me for not keeping up on this blog---I shall read this post regularly. :)
    I had forgotten about Daniel's spontaneous sweetness followed by a dose of reality---well, with you. I get it all the time. :) My kids loved you--I love when things are mutual.
    I love you Mary---time with you is a slice of heaven!

    ReplyDelete