Friday, May 6, 2011

Three for the Money

During the last week the van had an irrepairable flat tire, the saturn flunked the safety inspection and the dishwasher circuit board burnt to a crisp...(thank heavens we have six dishwashers at home.)  A typical spring "in like a lion" response to our bad appliance karma.  We almost always buy extended warranties and the manufacturer loses money on us.  In the context of life these events seem not so big deal.  Glad to have the "three" behind us.  While it seems like the not-so-nice things happen in threes, the great stuff seems to know no limits.  Lots to report in that area:  friends invited me to lunch, chocolate dipped strawberries (huge, like baseballs) showed up on my desk, another new scarf (among many)showed up in the mail with awesome earrings (ah, Suz, you are like Santa and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one each week), errands run by darling daughters, dinner with the beautiful and witty sons,a field trip to see the tulips and daffodils downtown by a thoughtful friend, gorgeous yummy organic eggs from a friend's nearby "farm"...on and on it goes.  The universe has a way of over compensating for the threesome...and ain't that grand. AND, got through another week.  Still another week till chemo comes around again - and that is the biggest pleasure of all.
Love is a many splendor thing,
Mary
P.S. And I didn't crank, not once, about my chemo-ed state in this post.  SAWEEEEET.
P.P.S.  Just counted - only 7 weeks till my 8th chemo (Maybe a good title for a country western song...hmmm)

1 comment:

  1. Mary, You Rock!

    3 days ago Julie told me you had a blog. The next day I sat at my desk and read all of your posts, from beginning to end. Then I re-read most of them. Then I commented on a few. Then, and I hope it was ok, I emailed your blog to my daughter Linda and my sister Becky.

    They both thanked me, big time. They needed to read your stuff.

    Your writing is helping us. You're good at that; helping people.

    I love you Mary Sue,

    Affectionately, Your Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete