Saturday, May 28, 2011

Getting Your Fence Posts In

Thursday night my sister Dianne (Annie Bananie as she is known to the clan) had a horrible fright as did all of us along with her. It involved a call to 911, an ambulance trip and a blood clot that moved swiftly through her leaving her short of breath. All of us on the sidelines could hardly breath ourselves. She's still in the hospital getting sorted out. Once we know she's ok I think the entire family will retreat to our beds and put the covers over our heads. So now AB is getting lectures far and wide about setting boundaries on what she does...it's not easy getting the fence posts in the right places. She has a lot to give - but part of that giving has to go to herself. Maybe she can put in a few gates that she can open now and again when she's up to it, and put the lock on her side of the fence so she can monitor strays. AB is famous for taking in strays. But limits are going to have to be set. To be honest, I'm one to talk. I over did it today and am beat into the ground. I get tired of being tired. I finally organized and put the Christmas stuff away that I had chucked in the basement. It was scheduled to be done in January before lymphoma rudely got in the way. Hugs and love to AB. She's in for the adventure of her life that much I know.
P.S. Had a scan on Friday - results next Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Mary - Sandy connected me with your blog and told me that you had a really nice visit while she was in Utah. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. It was really nice to catch up on your amazing adventure. I love your attitude. All of our children are in UT now in one stage of school or another. I would love to come see you one of these times. Until then, long distance hugs to you my long time friend.

    Love, Linda Gill Bessey

    ReplyDelete