Monday, May 16, 2011

Ten Things I Know About Cancer...So Far...

Got no sugarplums dancing in my head, just leftovers of my prednisone whirling dervishes so might as well document  what I've learned so far about cancer:

1.   Sadly, chocolate does not always taste good.
2.   A good hat or well wrapped head scarf can carry the day.
3.   Eating helps, even if it seems gross.
4.   Drugs can make your emotions turn on a dime - meaning raving lunatic.
5.   Little things are what make the day - everyday.
6.   Being able to sleep is pure joy.
7.   Not being able to sleep is pure hell.
8.   Better living through chemistry is an overstated fact.
9.   It's not about facing death, it's about living life right now, right this second, every second.
10. Loving everything about your life, even that which seems challenging and bizarre, is possible, doable, and frankly worth doing.

Am working on the next ten...till then wish me luck on the snoozing scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment