Monday, May 23, 2011

Innies and Outies

All last week I counted the minutes until BSJ(Baby Sister Jan) would be here from D.C. via her business meeting in Denver.  It was a long hard week and the anticipation of BSJ was something to help get me through.  It didn't help that it was gray and rainy all week either - but BSJ brought the sunshine with her.  Over lunch with the fab four on Friday I was bugging and prodding someone and BSJ said,"Where did you come from??  Everyone at this table is an introvert but you!"  Which I thought was so hilarious because I was thinking where did they all come from?? (as any true extrovert would think!)  This is why when I am with my extended family tribe I am always so comfortable - it's LOADED with extroverts (come on tribe members, fess up.)  So I told BSJ I would be writing a post about her and she said NO, don't out her in a post because that is too much for an innie.  As an outie though it would be a shame to not mention that BSJ took me on a ride up American Fork canyon when I was feeling low and gross...and she is the one who suggested maybe if we stopped at one of the campsites and I took my hat off that we might score a roasted hot dog that smelled so good even from the road.  I also shouldn't spill the beans on the fact that she helped with weeding in the yard, ran errands for me, bought me a new dress and told me to slow down and rest all weekend.  The Chief Researcher made us lovely meals and BSJ and I also got time to loaf around and read magazines.  But this information should stay quiet to respect the innie side of BSJ, even though I told her when I jumped in her bed at 5 am on Sunday (she was still on D.C. time) that she might get it in a post...it's not enough that I'm an extrovert I'm also a morning lark...rise and shine at 5 am!  So Jannie...I totally respect your need for privacy.  But please come back soon...I need some more of that solitude with you again.  Miss you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment