Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Get High with a Little Help From My Friend(ly oncologist...)

Today I started taking my mega dose of prednisone as a precursor for heading to the chemo bar tomorrow...I take it for five days.  It makes me higher than a kite, my heart racing and my mind spinning like a gerbil wheel.  Get this, these are the listed side effects:
Difficulty sleeping; feeling of a whirling motion; increased appetite; increased sweating; indigestion; mood changes;nervousness.
Good time, eh??  I got so wound up during one round that I arranged all of Katies clothes by color - and style...I can't wait to get my hands on her sock/underwear drawer this round.  She has given me the stink eye every time I even get near her dresser.  My mighty spouse, Scott (Chief Lymphoma Researcher in Residence and co-creator of the fabulous foursome) tells me that the prednisone is like the nut-cracker for the cells so that they can receive the chemo impacts.  Ok already...but it still makes me nuts.  On Tuesday, following the five day adventure, I can look forward to an emotional and physical crash.  Last round when I hit bottom and started crying Cray reminded me that it was ok to just go in my office and take a break.  Smart thinking.
Back at ya soon - gotta go find something to organize...NOW...
Hugs,
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, come here now! My closets are in desperate need of your prednisone high.

    I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what have you found so far? I think I always have a list somewhere of projects I ought to start... too bad it is in a safe place. Safe from me, anyway.

    Love you -

    ReplyDelete