Monday, March 7, 2011

ROOUNNNDDDDD NUMMMMBEEERRRR 2!!

On Saturdays I used to head over to the gym at 7 am where the mighty Jill would kick Allyce and I into shape through an amazing turbo jam class.  The class always started with the announcement of which round we were going to follow - all this to say I went to Roounnddddd Nuuummbeerrr 2 of chemo on February 21.  How was it?  Well, round number two was the same as the first, a little bit louder and a little bit worse...actually there is a very distinct pattern to the post chemo reactions.  Surprisingly, the worst of it is the weekend after chemo where I know that I will crawl into bed and want to stay there for a good while.  Knowing the pattern makes everything doable in that it's predictable.  There's a lot to be said about predictability.  Some of the variety of stuff that happens through the magic of chemo are things like a metal taste in my mouth, dizziness, nausea (there are meds to quell that action), tiredness and fuzziness of the brain.  I warned folks at work if you don't see me write down what I committed to do on a sticky note then don't count on me remembering.  There is a little lymphoma action happening in my head so let's chalk it up to that and call it good.  I have only shared this blog with one friend, but she outed it to another friend so I'll spill the beans tomorrow and pass this blog along to others.  Seems weird to do so, but no weirder than having lymphoma and going through chemo. Oh, a last big note. Had a CT scan on Friday and will know of results by this Friday when I see the oncologist doc.  Then I'll know if the chemo is doing the housecleaning it should or if we need to adjust course.  So, stay tuned for the next episode.  Hugs and such, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment