Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Getting on each others NERVES

Katie and I were getting on each others nerves yesterday ending in me slamming the bathroom door and she stomping off to the gym...it was short lived though and ended in us sharing a salad from Cafe Rio and topping it off with a piece of pie and ice cream.  We both got food babies and fell comatose into bed...she from having traveled to Boston twice in the last three weeks and Michigan this last weekend.  Me - well, I apparently have sleeping sickness from the now-not-so-mighty lymphoma (take that you rotten little invader you).  AND - by way of full disclosure I also ate a beautiful, fabulous lunch of gorgeous homemade delights by the lovely Jen.  I need to be banished from food for awhile (right, like that is gonna happen...)  Back to frayed nerves - I camped myself at Katie's one bedroom apartment following round 1 of chemo and have stayed there every week day since then so that I am five minutes away from work.  I have overtaken her living room as my bedroom, overstuffed her already bulging little closet, and hogged the bathroom like any self respecting mother would do.  Out of desperation she took me for a ride night before last and bought me frozen yogurt to try to ward off my whining about wanting to go to Memory Grove Park for a short walk when she was totally jet lagged.  She also has a loveseat that is full of poison that when you lay down on it you fall asleep - EVERY TIME!  And, to be  honest, I like to tell her she is a "pig" and she calls me her own unspeakable name...We also have laughed so hard everyday that it makes my stomach ache.  In short, nerves and all, it has been grand.  Katie has finally decided on which graduate school she will attend.  The trips she went on were recruiting trips where apparently everywhere she went the Chemistry professors are drooling over her like she is the Ms. America of Nerdville in a serious way. I am ready to announce the school she has chosen but since she is still sleeping and it is 4 am and I'm not sure I'm allowed to announce her decision yet I will very patiently wait until at least five (maybe 6) am to jump on her in her bed like a good mother should.  I do my best.
Love,
Mary
P.S.  Yes, Katie steals my earrings (and my sweaters) and I wear her clothes (especially when she is out of town)...as it should be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment