Monday, June 13, 2011

Plum TARD!

Following the Pink Heals event I followed my traditional chemo routine pattern of being PLUM TARD...it's hard to believe that a person can sleep as much as I did this weekend and still be tired...but I sure am.  Slept for three hours the afternoon of Pink Heals, ate dinner, slept all night, had nap number one by 10 am...and so went the day. Lisa figured it out.  She said it's like Hobbit meals (first breakfast, second breakfast, tea, first lunch, etc.) except for sleeping.  By Saturday dinner time I had napped 7 hours and was ready to go to bed for the night (following a post dinner short snooze.)  My friend John had told me when he was going through chemo that there is no tired like chemo tired.  I murmured words of support and nodded my head even though I was on the phone with him.  I had NO idea what that meant until now.  Reminds me of the Extreme Makeover weight show I just watched where the family members strapped on weights and walked around the track to experience how their daughter/sister felt walking around with the 369 lbs she weighed.  You just don't really know what it's like unless you actually do it yourself.  Sorry John - I totally get it now.  He's in cancer free heaven nodding his head and telling me it's OK, go lay down.  Annie tried to cheer me up and fill with positive thoughts but I would have none of it - too tired to embrace it.  That'll teach her for calling and trying to get me through the worst of it (hey...wait a minute...)  As with all things chemo eventually it will pass. Cherish the waking moments is all I gotta say.  Vonnie and I commiserated about being so tired that we leave trails of stuff in our wake (maybe when I'm less tired I'll pick that up...maybe.)
Yours in the zzzzzzzz....and I ain't talking Zumba,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment