Monday, June 6, 2011

Chitter Chatter As I Wind Down From....PREDNISONE...

Genius viewed the video of me for the Pink Heals Tour and declared that I look better now!  The video was shot days before my hair fell out following a week and a half after the first chemo in January.  Truth be told, the scarf she had wrapped around my head that day was holding a good portion of my hair on my head and reminding me to not touch it so that it would stay another day before I went home and the Chief Researcher had to shave it off.  I suspect that the chemo flush and the prednisone bloat may be the basis for my "healthy glow".  Looks are deceptive trust me on that.  The prednisone this chemo round was no disappointment.  It's ugly head reared again in the form of a rant about Genius needing to get her apartment packed NOW.  Funny, half the stuff in her place is mine...or not so funny if you ask Genius.  As a means of comforting myself I transported enough stuff to live the rest of my life in complete comfort at Genius's small place.  A lovely little pack rat's nest surrounding by bits and pieces of everything I might ever need - I mean EVER.   Good golly, wish I could toss handfuls of this stuff out the window when it heads south on I15 back home again.  Since that would include a fair amount of underwear I don't suppose it's appropiate...but hey who knows.  Had a lovely conversation with my friend M. who unwittingly filled my head with wisdom that fit me to a "'T" just from her own life experience...isn't that a treat.  Things like "relish life" and "you've filled you're kids with goodness and now you need to sit  back and just be there for them."  Good post chemo coaching.  Am still trying to absorb the good news from the scan which chemo 7 seems to have taken the shine off of - although the delight of my friends and family continues to fill my cup to overflowing.  In a strange way it is a bit disconcerting to be leaving chemo soon as I know that there will no longer be evidence that the lymphoma is being addressed.  Apparently the critters will never be completely gone due to my stage 4 (make that FORMER stage 4) status so there will have to be a vigilant lookout for outlaws and ner-do-wells...but I've seen worse out the door. A lot worse. Last prednisone for this round devoured and gone.  Looking forward to having sleep reinstate itself in my life.  Chit Chat How About That!!  Lovey dovey to everyone dropping in ...am still the luckiest person ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment