Friday, August 26, 2011

Dear Timmy...

Dear Timmy,
I will never get a chance to meet you but I found out that you're in the "C" Club with me - and that you've been fighting hard to kick the door shut as much as you can for as long as you can. That fight for life is so powerful that I could feel it when your sister K. told me about it and the shear force of it washed over me like an ocean wave. It's impossible to not be awed by what you are doing. Thank you for letting everyone know that every minute of our lives are worth kicking and scratching and biting for...that every part of this journey is sweet, even when it's hard and painful and difficult - because it is ours to live. I can only honor you by being grateful for each breath I take and each moment I am given. K. says you are a chef and that you have fed your big extended family loads of beautiful food. Thanks for feeding my soul to it's very core. You can't get a better meal than that.
Love you,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment