Friday, August 26, 2011

Dear Penny...

Dear Penny,
I have never met you but your sister has been a dear to me and she told me a little bit about your circumstances. I understand that you've been served some extra helpings of reality on your plate of life. I met your sister Deb while visiting my dentist. When she learned of my diagnosis she did things like write sweet notes on my bill, sent me a card and was always so lovely on the phone. She was (is) amazing...and then I found out that she knows what it means to go through treatment because she has been by your side. The only thing I could think to do in response to her outpouring of love was to let you know that I'd like to have your back too - that we don't have to have ever met for me to think of you and wish you the very best and to have lots and lots of hope for you everyday. So I'm sending it your way with all the best positive energy that I can. And trust me, I'm so full of cheerfulness right know that my office has to be warned how high I am on the sunshine meter every day so that they can duck and cover when necessary. So as you continue to take big bites out of that realty pie you've got in front of you please know that I'm on your side.
Love you,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment