Friday, August 9, 2013

That was Then...This is Now

Lehua bugged me at work for a long time to post something in this blog...but I didn't have it in me to do it.  I was more interested in getting through each day, and not so interested in explaining what that was all about.  That was then - but this is now.  Now includes a visit today to Dr. Chemistry to talk about that sweet, sweet scan that shows no reoccurrence of the lymphoma family after finishing two year of maintenance infusions (done, done, and done in June!)  And so I would like to point out that normal should not ever be over rated.  Some folks have asked me what I will do to celebrate and here is my reply: get up each day and realize that happiness is available in every moment of every day.  That choosing how we see things, and how we experience things is the secret to life.  Not a bucket list (nice to do nice things) but finding the joy in what ever is your life.  Dr. Chemistry and I had a good chat about that today - one of the gifts of her work is that she learned this vicariously from her patients.  The fun end to the day was on the way home from my appointment I stopped at Target to pick up a prescription.  There was my favorite pharmacist - Jana.  She talked me off the ledge one day when, following a treatment, I went to get insulin for Kelley and the prescription had gotten messed up...we've been pals ever since, exchanging bits of info about our lives while she dispenses the goods.  I gave her the all clear news and she came round the counter and we hugged it out and it was a great, great moment.  Life is good, love is everywhere you look for, seize the moment, and sleep well my dears.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. I'm glad you took the time. Love you Miss Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! I just stopped by and was reading a few of your posts. I had a quick question about your blog and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance -emilywalsh688 (at) gmail.com- Thanks : )

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete